Monday 21 January 2013

First Birch Box update!!

Well here is my update on my first Birchbox. Blogger won't let me update my original post :(

I like my first box but I wouldn't say I love it. It arrived in a cute little pink bag which is so much better than the strips of black paper in some other boxes which leave black dust everywhere.


Anyway. On to the first item and it is a sugar rose lip treatment by Fresh. Full size is £15.50. The sample is 2.2g and smells amazing. It looks quite dark but once it's on it is a light pink colour.


The second item was a KMS California free shape quick blow dry spray. It's supposed to detangle and soften hair whilst drying it quickly. I haven't tried this yet but I have curly hair so rarely blow dry it. Full size is £13.50. The sample we received was 30ml. I will try this and let you all know how I get on.

The third item was a Taaj hand cream. This smells of cinnamon. I ain't a cinnamon fan so I won't use this but it does feel nice on my hands. Full size is £10 and the sample was 30ml.





The fourth and final item was a jujube age control serum from Wei. I have tried this before and loved it although for a 23 year old it is a strange product. It is supposed to calm redness and soften fine lines. In my case it acted as a moisturiser. It smells delicate and pretty. It is a tiny sample though but for a full size at £60 a 4ml sample is quite good.



I also received 2 bonus items. The first was a deep body massage cream with myrrh by I Coloniall. I'm not keen on the smell of Myrrh but I will try it. Full size is £35 and the sachet of this was 10ml.
The second bonus item was a chamomile tea bag from Tea Pigs. Some people might think of this as an odd item to be in a beauty box but I like it. Yet to try it but it is in a little muslin bag and smells nice. For 15 tea bags you are roughly £3.50 and we all got one each.


So there you have it. The very first uk Birchbox. I quite like that they haven't gone all out and set the bar too high like some boxes did. I would have loved this box if it wasn't for the scent of a couple of the items.

Let me know what you thought of yours.

X

1 comment:

  1. I'm not signed up to them yet, I'm gonna wait and see the the next boxes are like.
    Fab review
    Xx

    ReplyDelete